The “Fullness of Truth” Conference this weekend was a great success! We hosted Steve Ray, Trent Horn, and Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers at our parish who shared their insights into the beauty of the Catholic Church.
Below are some pictures of the event!
Although it was previously communicated that Mass today had been cancelled, our parish will celebrate Mass today for the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- 5:00 PM English Mass
- 10:00 PM Spanish Mass
- 10:30 PM Overnight Eucharistic Adoration
Confessions remain cancelled. The Saturday 8:00AM Mass for the Immaculate Heart of Mary will proceed as scheduled.
Thank you for your patience!
FR. MARCO AND FR. ROSHAN CELEBRATED THE ANNIVERSARY OF THEIR ORDINATION THIS PAST WEEK
Ordained June 5, 2010
Ordained June 1, 2019
We’re blessed and proud to have them here at St. Mark! We ask that you continue to pray for our priests here at St. Mark, and all the priests around the world as they continue to serve God, His people, and His Holy Church.
FATHER RICARDO REGALADO IS COMING TO ST. MARK
Fr. Ricardo Regalado will be coming to St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church as a Parochial Vicar. Fr. Ricardo is a newly ordained priest for the Catholic Diocese of Dallas. He was ordained on June 5th, 2021. We are excited to welcome Fr. Ricardo to our parish!
FATHER HENRY IS LEAVING ST. MARK – JOIN US FOR A FAREWELL POTLUCK
As of July 1st 2021, Fr. Henry Erazo, currently serving as one of our St. Mark Parochial Vicars, will be moving to St. Ann in Kaufman as Pastoral Administrator. Fr. Henry has been an integral part in our community here at St. Mark and he will be dearly missed. On Sunday, June 27th 2021 at 3PM, we will be hosting a Farewell Potluck in the Great Hall of the Parish Center to celebrate Father Henry. Bring your families (and your favorite dish to share) for an afternoon with your St. Mark Community and to say goodbye to Father Henry.
Updated: August 11, 2021
Bishop Burns Delays
Lifting of Dispensation
Bishop Burns has announced (August 10, 2021) that the lifting of the dispensation of obligation of attending Mass on Sundays and Holy Days has been delayed until further notice. Please read the full decree below.
Bishop Burns Lifts Dispensation
Bishop Edward Burns will be restoring the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days starting on Sunday, August 15th 2021.
Click the button below to read the full statement.
As the number of vaccinated individuals increase and restrictions have begun to ease across the country and within our Diocese, at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church, we continue to recommend (not require) the use of face coverings on our campus as a precautionary measure. Whether you chose to wear a face mask or not, we encourage you to continue demonstrating mutual respect and compassion for your fellow parishioners as we transition into this new phase.
- Mass Attendance, Sacraments, Ministry Meetings do not require the use of face coverings, but are still encouraged in close spaces.
- During Mass, those who wish to receive the Holy Eucharist in the tongue are no longer required to wait until the end of the line.
- During Mass, the right side of the sanctuary will be reserved for those who wish to social distance, meaning alternate pews will remain unseated.
- St. Mark Catholic School has separate guidelines for students, faculty, and visitors.
We thank you for your cooperation!
Walk-In Vaccination Clinic Coming to St. Mark
Middle and High School Teens are all welcome!
Our Middle School and High School Youth Ministries have many activities planned this summer to keep your teen engaged!
Visit stmarkplano.org/youth for more information!
Bring your children closer to God this summer!
VBS this year will take place in person July 12-16! It is open to children in grades K-5. We also have spots available for teen and adult volunteers! Please see the applications below:
You may also pick up applications in the Narthex or from our Parish Office. For more information, contact Peggy Theis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the pictures of the graduates and proud families below!
1) Click on the image
2) Click “View Full Image” in the bottom right corner to see high quality picture
3) Save / Download
“The Son of man came not to be served, but to serve” (Mt 20: 28)
If you have been looking forward to serving the St. Mark’s community with your talents and your time, we have great opportunities for you!
All volunteers must undergo Safe Environment training, as directed by the Diocese of Dallas. This training can be completed online this year. Once you have spoken with one of our department representatives, we will redirect you to complete the training.
- Sacristans are needed for all Masses, especially the 12:15PM Daily Mass.
- Sacristans will need to arrive at least 30 minutes before each mass to prepare the Alter for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- A Sacristan will receive the proper training on how to prepare the sacred vessels in preparation for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- A Sacristan will also be trained on how to properly empty & store the sacred vessels & chalice after the end of each Mass.
- In addition to receiving Sacristan training. The volunteer will also need to complete our Safe Environment training or annual update training.
If interested, please contact Victor Quezada at email@example.com
Front Office Volunteer
- Provide skilled administrative services and be able to help maintain accurate parish records.
- Answer phone calls and transfer them to the appropriate Staff Member / Department.
- Provide clerical services to the office manager, ministries, and parish organizations.
- Provide receptionist services for the parish office including the handling routine questions about events, etc. and greeting visitors.
- Distribute mail and other related material.
- Schedule Mass Intentions online.
- Obtain Clergy for anointing/sick calls with the assistance of the Office Manager.
- Assist in additional duties per request of the pastor or Office Manager.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Have well developed “people skills” in interacting with all who come to the parish office.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Able to solve problems that arise with the assistance of the Office Manager or Staff Member present.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be computer/internet proficient.
If interested, please contact Michael Zeleski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Director in creation and implementation of external communications to represent our parish including but not limited to maintaining consistent branding and design for materials in print & digital formats
- Create and manage content for the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, E-Newsletter and Digital Displays
- Experience in the following are beneficial, but not required
- MS Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Photography and Videography
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro
- Canva, including Pro Features
Contact Leslie Rodriguez at email@example.com for more information.