“The Son of man came not to be served, but to serve” (Mt 20: 28)
If you have been looking forward to serving the St. Mark’s community with your talents and your time, we have great opportunities for you!
All volunteers must undergo Safe Environment training, as directed by the Diocese of Dallas. This training can be completed online this year. Once you have spoken with one of our department representatives, we will redirect you to complete the training.
- Sacristans are needed for all Masses, especially the 12:15PM Daily Mass.
- Sacristans will need to arrive at least 30 minutes before each mass to prepare the Alter for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- A Sacristan will receive the proper training on how to prepare the sacred vessels in preparation for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- A Sacristan will also be trained on how to properly empty & store the sacred vessels & chalice after the end of each Mass.
- In addition to receiving Sacristan training. The volunteer will also need to complete our Safe Environment training or annual update training.
If interested, please contact Victor Quezada at email@example.com
Front Office Volunteer
- Provide skilled administrative services and be able to help maintain accurate parish records.
- Answer phone calls and transfer them to the appropriate Staff Member / Department.
- Provide clerical services to the office manager, ministries, and parish organizations.
- Provide receptionist services for the parish office including the handling routine questions about events, etc. and greeting visitors.
- Distribute mail and other related material.
- Schedule Mass Intentions online.
- Obtain Clergy for anointing/sick calls with the assistance of the Office Manager.
- Assist in additional duties per request of the pastor or Office Manager.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Have well developed “people skills” in interacting with all who come to the parish office.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Able to solve problems that arise with the assistance of the Office Manager or Staff Member present.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be computer/internet proficient.
If interested, please contact Michael Zeleski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Director in creation and implementation of external communications to represent our parish including but not limited to maintaining consistent branding and design for materials in print & digital formats
- Create and manage content for the Bulletin, Social Media, Website, E-Newsletter and Digital Displays
- Experience in the following are beneficial, but not required
- MS Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Photography and Videography
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro
- Canva, including Pro Features
Contact Leslie Rodriguez at email@example.com for more information.